DisplaySweet provides presentation tools for new property developments through our software applications and Platform which we make available online via websites specified by us from time to time, including at the displaysweet.com websites and via app versions that may be downloaded to tablets (“Platform”) and also supplies other products and services, including project services, DisplaySweet is based in Australia but offers its products and services to users all over the world.
For the purposes of the GDPR, DisplaySweet is both the “data controller” and a “data processor” of Personal Information and is responsible for how Personal Information is collected and used. This policy sets out how we collect, hold, protect, use or disclose your Personal Information when you use our Platform or Services, including when you access our content or engage with us via third party social media applications, and how you may access, change or request that we amend your Personal Information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and hold your Personal Information such as your name, username, location information, email address, telephone number, mailing address, company name, job title or information relating to your business and other information relevant to the supply of our Services to you or to the content you are interested in viewing, such as the type of property you are searching for, your reasons for purchasing and time frame for purchasing a property. If you use our Platform or otherwise engage our Services, we may also collect
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you (such as anonymous usage data, aggregated information, IP addresses, location and browser etc
We do not collect information as defined in the Privacy Act and the GDPR.
Why do we need your Personal Information?
We only collect or hold your Personal Information for legitimate purposes where it is reasonably necessary for our business functions or activities.
In particular, we need your Personal Information to:
- provide you with the Services we offer which includes communicating with you (such as via direct marketing) about our products and/or services;
- maintain our business relationship with you by answering your questions or queries about DisplaySweet or the Services we provide, communicating with you about our Services, creating and updating our database(s) and other records, internal record-keeping, providing sales and support services to you and otherwise responding to your enquiries;
- market and advertise to you including by sending you newsletters, alerts, special offers, and promotions, engaging third party service providers (such as marketing automation Platform, and email marketing service providers)or otherwise contacting you about our Services or information we think may interest you;
- improve the quality and design of our Services by storing, tracking, analysing and processing user preferences and trends as well as user activity on our Platform to create new features, functionality and services in relation to the Websites and Platform and to communicate these to you;
- comply with the law including any contractual obligations we may have with you; and
- exercise our legal rights including exercising rights we may have under law or a contract between us and you, or between us and a third party,
(together “Primary Purposes”)
If you do not provide us with your Personal Information, we may not be able to carry out some or all of our Primary Purposes. You may opt-out from any of our communications at any time.
By submitting your Personal Information to us, you consent to us using your Personal Information for the Primary Purposes (and any purpose related to one of the Primary Purposes or that could reasonably be expected at the time your Personal Information was collected), for any purpose to which you otherwise consent (including as disclosed to you in an information collection statement at the point where we collect your Personal Information) and any other purpose required or authorised by law.
How do we collect Personal Information?
Generally, we collect your Personal Information directly from you when you use our Platform, including when you set up an account with us, or automatically through your use of our Platform, but we may also collect your Personal Information from other people or organisations where you have given them your consent.
More detailed examples of the information we collect include:
Personal information you may give us
- Identifying information such as your name, username, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you use our Services, login to our Platform, or register for an account with us.
- Other content that you input when you participate in any interactive features of the Platform or Services, fill out a form, provide information to us via our support services or by email, or that is otherwise connected to your use of
- information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) if you are making a purchase or reserving a property via our Platform.
- You may also provide us other information through the Platform via website forms, by updating or adding information to your account, through your communications with our customer service, sales or support teams, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services
Personal information we collect automatically
We collect information automatically about your interaction with our Platform and Services, your usage preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices you use when you access our Platform, including from third party providers such as Google Analytics. This information could include the following:
- Location information, including from your mobile device (if applicable).
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
Personal information collected from other sources
- We supplement the personal information we collect directly from you with information collected from third parties. For example, we also collect information from and share information with our partners and (including third party support service providers and payment providers, website hosting, analytics providers and cloud service providers). We may also receive personal information from social networks when we integrate them with our authentication processes.
Can you remain anonymous or use a pseudonym?
We will, if practicable, allow you to use a pseudonym or to remain anonymous (unless this is impractical or against the law).
In some instances, if you do not provide us with certain Personal Information we may not be able to provide you with the relevant product, service or information. This may have an effect on whether we can begin or continue a relationship with you, and whether you can use or access the Platform or the full range of our Services.
Some of our related entities, partners and service providers or the services they provide may be based outside of Australia (including in he United Kingdom, the European Union and the United States of America). By providing us with your Personal Information, you acknowledge that your Personal Information may be used, stored and disclosed overseas, including in jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
Personal Information of minors
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16 years of age or knowingly allow such persons to use our Services (including by registering an account on our Platform). If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a person under the age of 16 years without parental consent, we will take all reasonable steps to delete that information.
Do we use “cookies”?
We may use knowledge of your user experience collected through the cookies and web beacons on the Platform to better understand what Services may be of interest to you and to collect statistical information, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services. By using our Platform, you consent to the processing of data about you by us and by our service providers.
Using other sites
Is your Personal Information confidential and secure?
We take all reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information secure and to ensure it is protected against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or inappropriate disclosure. We may keep your Personal Information in both hard copy and electronic forms, and will
We also urge you to take steps to keep your Personal Information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your account on our Platform, and closing your web browser or application when you are finished using our Platform on a shared or unsecured device.
Your choices and rights
We welcome your enquires and comments and encourage you to contact us to update your Personal Information if it changes. For your protection, however, we may require that you confirm your identity before we provide a copy of your Personal Information to you.
You may also update or correct your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com, or by
In some instances, you may request that we delete your Personal Information. In accordance with and subject to relevant privacy laws (including the GDPR), you may object to certain Personal Information being processed and request that processing of your Personal Information be limited. You may also limit or manage our communications with you by “unsubscribing” from certain email and newsletter updates, and by
If you choose to limit the Personal Information we process about you, we may not be able to communicate with you or fulfil our Primary Purposes outlined above. This may include limiting or ceasing your use of the Platform, or otherwise ceasing to provide you with our Services.
Users based in Europe
If you access our Platform from Europe, you may have additional rights under the GDPR in relation to the handling of your Personal Information.
When you access the Platform, we may monitor your activity using automated processes, including for the purposes of counting usage of our Platform and webpages and providing you with more tailored and relevant products and services.
In certain circumstances, in addition to the rights listed in the ‘Your choice and rights’ section, you may also have a right to:
- request a copy of Personal Information that that you have provided to us, in a commonly used electronic format;
- request that we delete any Personal Information that we hold about you, subject to any legal obligations we have to retain your Personal Information; and
- withdraw your consent to the processing of the Personal Information that we hold about you. Once you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your Personal Information for the purpose(s) you originally agreed to, unless we are required to do so by law. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of Personal Information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Queries and complaints
If you have a question, concern or complaint about how we handle your Personal Information please contact us using the details below. We will review any question, complaint or concern you may have and will respond to you after we have carefully considered it. We will, where reasonably possible, take steps to investigate and resolve complaints within 30 days. Please note, we may require further information from you in order to resolve any complaints. If we need more time, we will notify you about the reasons for the delay and seek to agree a longer period with you (if you do not agree, we may not be able to resolve your complaint).
Contact us by:
Email: at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: Display Sweet Pty Ltd, PO Box 197, Black Rock VIC 3193 Australia
For more information about privacy in Australia and protecting your privacy, please visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) website at www.oaic.gov.au or write to the OAIC at GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001.
For more information about the GDPR, please visit the website of the European Data Protection Supervisor, the European Union’s independent data protection authority at: https://edps.europa.eu/ or the relevant Data Protection Authority in your country.
Last updated: May 2022